Monday, March 12, 2012

One moment changes everything


Feeling my physical enclosure becoming too confined for my spirit, pressure rises into my lungs and I am lost for breath. My consciousness closes in on me, and it feels like I will not be able to make it. 

Liquid gold flickers down my heart in what seems a moment that starts at that juncture and extended all the way down to eternity; a moment that defines the now, the tomorrow and the ever after. Knowledge of unfamiliar proportion downpours, forming a foreign but soothing wisdom in my heart. My mind submerges into a depth I have never perceived before. Standing in a crowd, amongst strangers none of whom resemble or understand me; in a way I know I will be okay, because in this very moment I have grown in a distinct and oddly gratifying way. 

To experience life is to experience disruption, uncertainty, ache, and what seems to be a fraction of what they call happiness. To be human, is to have the ability to look beyond oneself, or one’s surroundings, and to connect to that unseen, perpetual side to this very limited world of substance and matter. 

I am not intimidated by challenge and pain anymore. I am content with experiencing the mess of being a human being; certain that wisdom will be my reward.

2 comments:

  1. Your writings are of mysterious nature.

    One gets lost in reality to realize not soon enough how much he thirsts for a flicker of burning imagination and spiritual comfort. I read what you write and can only imagine a dove flying me to a place where I was reminded once of how pure heartedly I was before I learned to walk on this wicked world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Hanan,
    How are you, Sister? Hope you're fine and Alhamdulillah.

    You know! this article has very deep meaning! It looks like a mass of your own feelings in a very hard moment!

    I am sure you're stronger! It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.

    And.....
    Mr. Badr remind me something about the "flaying", it's a quote of Jack Handey ... "Probably the earliest fly swatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick."

    Hanan, just live yor life!!

    By the way, it's very nice blog and you're wonderful Writer.

    Thank you .. :)

    See You Later in My BLOG http://dawaran.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete